Position Summary:We are looking for a reliable Logistics/Shipping Supervisor who will be responsible for managing the day-to-day shipping in partnership with the Director, Operations.
The Logistics Supervisor responsibilities include organizing and monitoring shipping contracts, logistics spend, and updating transportation logs. This position will also work closely with our overseas teams.
This is a newly developed role for StoreBound and and an exciting growth opportunity with one of the fastest growing housewares companies in the world.
- Authorize freight bookings and maintain logistics records
- Track costs and approve freight forwarder invoices
- Keep track of delivery times and communicate updates to the team
- Act as the main point of contact with freight forwarders, working with them to solve any arising problems
- Track open white glove deliveries and work with carriers to minimize surcharges
- Recommend improvements to existing or planned logistics processes.
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Proactive, independent worker; decisive, ability to prioritize
- Creative problem-solver
- Well organized, detail oriented
- Procedural mindset; talent for recognizing opportunities to improve / optimize processes
- Analytical; ability to recognize and evaluate shipment / carrier performance trends
Qualifications / Experience:
- 2+ years of experience with Responsibilities & Tasks as listed above
- MS Excel familiarity a must: knowledge of basic formulas and Pivot tables
- Demonstrable ability to lead projects
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
ABOUT USOur mission at StoreBound is to help people improve their lives by bringing amazing new products to life. With a growing family of brands (Dash, Sobro, Zakarian and more!), we’re building a new kind of company focused on creating great new products that better serve the way we live today and the way we will live in the future. People here are passionate, friendly, and possess a positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit, which is essential at a growing company. Together, we’ll do great things -- are you ready?
Keys to Success
- At StoreBound, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- A love for food and cooking.
- Flexibility in a very rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Eagerness to learn and excel in a team environment.
Please forward all inquiries and interest to email@example.com
Note: Not accepting 3rd party agencies or engagements for this search.