Our mission at StoreBound is to help people improve their lives by bringing amazing new products to life. With a growing family of brands and products, we’re building a new kind of company focused on creating great new products that better serve the way we live today, and the way we will live in the future. People here are passionate, friendly and possess the positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit and that is essential at a growing company. Together, we’ll do great things -- are you ready?
The Product Development Assistant role is a key part of the product development team at StoreBound. This person will manage and track essential items that require and are necessary for products to be developed successfully and ship on time.
Keys to Success:
- At StoreBound, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Passionate, Customer-
- Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- Manufacturing, sourcing & product development experience is a bonus but not required.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Detail orientated and organized.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Eagerness to learn and excel in a team environment.
• Product & Order Tracking for New development:
- Manages & tracks on order products to ensure we are on track with our product.
- development schedule. Following up with our Hong Kong team and factories when needed.
- Work with PD Manager & sales to ensure everyone is on the same page with timelines for products.
- Communicate with operations if any changes to timelines or ship dates occur.
- Manage all creative requests and deadlines; keeping them informed on sample ETA’s for photoshoots, artwork deadlines with factories, etc.
• Research assistant for PD Manager:
- Research new product ideas, categories and innovations.
- Sourcing with our 3rd party team in Hong Kong.
- Competition evaluation & market research.
- Evaluate customer reviews and ratings and report back to the team.
- Assist with product testing.
- Tracking & managing ALL samples and communicating timing to all relative parties involved.
• Testing & Certifications for Products:
- Tracks all testing certifications – ensuring we receive on time and saves them in required folders.
- Approves all rating labels for electrical products.
- Handles any additional testing requested by sales or retailers including but not limited to audits, etc.
• Kick offs & new product introductions:
- Completes kickoff forms for new products that are presented company wide.
- Completes artwork kickoff forms for new products that kickoff the start of the creative process for new products.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Preferred knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials selections, and product testing.
- Familiarity with Monday and CRM systems
- A mix of at least one to three years of work experience; and
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required; College-level coursework and/or degree preferred.