Our mission at StoreBound is to help people improve their lives by bringing amazing new products to life. With a growing family of brands (Dash, Sobro, Zakarian and more!), we’re building a new kind of company focused on creating great new products that better serve the way we live today and the way we will live in the future. People here are passionate, friendly, and possess a positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit, which is essential at a growing company. We are a team that believes strongly in balancing your life and being kind to each other. We all are learning on the job and we want someone who is eager to do the same. Together, we’ll do great things -- are you ready?
As a housewares and small kitchen appliance company, we are looking for a talented Video Editor with a strong sense of story and rhythm and proficiency in basic motion graphics design. The right candidate should be experienced, passionate about the craft and driven with a strong desire to create compelling food/product content in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
This position reports directly to the Visual Content Manager and will serve as Video Editor on a variety of projects for all our brands (e.g, Dash, Zakarian, Sobro) including National Broadcast, Social Media (ads and organic), Instructional and troubleshooting videos as well as content for our dot coms and major retail channels. The Video Editor collaborates with clients, producers, in-house design team and/or directors of photography throughout the creative process to elevate quality of the final video product.
Since our focus is in housewares and small kitchen business, you’ll be editing videos of people cooking and enjoying delicious food. If you love to cook and eat, you will be in good company but this isn’t a necessary requirement. If you want to learn how to cook, you will have a lot of coworkers tripping over themselves to get you started. Our most successful videos are the ones that put food and the joy of eating first.
Keys to Success
- At StoreBound, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
- A love for food and cooking.
- Flexibility in a very rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Ability to think creatively and solve problems.
- Eagerness to learn and excel in a team environment.
Immediate Position Responsibilities:
- Editing weekly social content
- Editing product videos according to storyboards and brand guidelines
- Designing and implementing animated call-outs for our product videos
- Contributing to special projects/assignments as needed
- Finalize edits for deliverables in multiple formats
- A ability to demonstrate both storytelling and motion graphics through a professionally developed portfolio.
- Ability to multitask and work toward several milestones on various projects simultaneously
- Expertise with Adobe Premiere and/or Davinci Resolve for editing (we are NLE agnostic) and Adobe After Effects for animation/motion sequences.
- A strong background and interest in bringing titles and callouts to life using motion.
- Proficient in creating concept boards and other visual representations of planned edits for video projects
- Excellent communication skills are required to have a solid understanding of project scope and implementation
- Ability to collaborate well with other creative professionals to supply clients with top-notch finalized products
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fine Arts and/or Film Editing or related degree preferred
- If no bachelor degree, an equivalent or mix of 2-3 years experience working with video and audio editing software and programs
- Creative experience in filmmaking and videography
- Ability to understand the desired outcome of a project when meeting with clients and the ability to bring them to life
- Experience editing various video projects
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds at a time.
- This is a on-site position based in Manhattan’s Financial District; however, the position will work virtually thru Q2 of 2021.
Please forward all inquiries and interest to email@example.com
Note: Not accepting 3rd party agencies or engagements for this search.