Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- 1 lb chicken thighs and drumsticks, bone-in
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups unsalted, plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp unsalted Cajun seasoning
- Toss chicken with salt and place in a medium bowl. Cover with buttermilk and mix to coat thoroughly. Let marinate in the refrigerator for 4 hours minimum.
- Combine breadcrumbs with Cajun seasoning and mix thoroughly. Remove chicken from buttermilk and shake gently to drain excess. Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs until fully covered.
- Place in the Air Fryer, 2-3 pieces at a time, in a single layer. Air fry at 400°F for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through cooking, until the chicken is fully cooked and juices run clear.