- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Whisk the egg, butter, and buttermilk in a separate bowl. Mix the wet ingredients with the dry. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Grease the Waffle Maker with butter or a small amount of non-aerosol cooking oil. Pour 2 tablespoons of the batter into the Waffle Maker and cook until crispy. Repeat until all of the batter is used.
- Serve the waffles with vanilla ice cream, strawberries, and powdered sugar.