- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 1 16-ounce can crushed tomato, preferably fire-roasted
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons salt, more to taste
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In the 10” Fry Pan, add olive oil and set to medium-low heat. Allow to heat, about one minute. Add diced onions and cook until lightly browned and translucent, about three to five minutes. Then, add diced red bell pepper and cook for two to three minutes until soft. Finally, add minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Next, add tomato paste and incorporate it into the onion-pepper mixture. Cook for one to two minutes. Add crushed tomatoes and seasonings. Stir to combine and cook until sauce is thick enough to hold an egg on top, about one to two minutes.
- Crack eggs onto top of sauce and let them cook for one to two minutes. Transfer pan into oven and cook until eggs are done, about 10-12 minutes. Serve with a side of garlic bread for dipping and enjoy this bold brunch staple!