Crispy Salmon with Lemon Parmesan Asparagus
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ bunch of asparagus
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup fresh grated Parmesan, plus more to garnish
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Pat salmon fillets dry and season with salt and fresh ground black pepper. Add olive oil to 10” Frying Pan and allow to heat up to medium-high heat. Add salmon, searing both sides over medium heat for about one to two minutes. Move the Fry Pan into the oven and continue to cook for an additional five to eight minutes or to desired doneness.
- While salmon is cooking, trim the bottoms of the asparagus and cut into one-inch pieces. In the 8” Fry Pan, over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, minced garlic, and red chili flakes. Cook for about one minute while stirring.
- Add the asparagus to the 8” Fry Pan and season with a pinch of salt and fresh ground black pepper. Cook until tender, occasionally stirring, about three to five minutes. Remove once tender. When ready to serve, top with grated parmesan and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- Remove salmon from oven. To serve, plate salmon with asparagus, squeezing in more lemon juice if desired. Add salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste, then dig into this light, heart-healthy crowd-pleaser!