Sundried Tomato Pasta with Zucchini
Fabulously fresh and perfect for dining al fresco. Pair with a classic garden salad and enjoy a little Tuscan fun in the sun!
- 12 ounces of bowtie pasta
- 3 tablespoons chopped sundried tomatoes in oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, rough chopped
- 1 yellow or green zucchini cut into half-moon shape
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup pasta water
- 1 cup spinach, rough chopped (optional)
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese plus more to garnish
- Salt & fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Fill the 5.6QT Stock Pot with water, season generously with salt, and bring to a boil. Add in pasta and cook, following package instructions.
- In the 3QT Sauté Pan, cook the chopped sundried tomato and minced garlic for two minutes over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add in zucchuni and cook for an additional three minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Next, add the butter to the veggie mixture and let it melt completely, about one minute. Then add the tomato paste and cook while stirring until combined. Add the heavy cream and bring to a boil, stirring occastionally. Reduce heat to low.
- Sauce will thicken slightly. Once thickened, add 1/2 cup of pasta water (and more as needed) from the boiling pasta and stir to combine. Add spinach if desired, letting it wilt and cook in.
- Once pasta is cooked to desired texture, strain and add noodles directly into sauce then stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, add freshly grated parmesan, and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, transfer to serving bowl and add additional parmesan cheese and fresh basil.