Chewy Sugar Cookies
- 2 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 - 4 tbsp buttermilk
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and baking powder on low speed. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients. Add enough of the buttermilk to moisten the dough and make it soft, but not wet.
- Use a teaspoon to form small balls of dough and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush the top of each cookie with buttermilk and slightly flatten the top of each cookie.