- 1 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1/2 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 10 to 12 lemons
- 4 cups cold water
- Fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Sliced lemons, for garnish
- Combine the sugar with 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and allow the sugar to dissolve, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Combine the lemon juice, sugar syrup, and 4 cups of cold water in a large pitcher. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 1 hour. Serve over crushed ice and garnish with mint leaves and sliced lemons.