Spinach, Carrot and Apple Treats
- ¼ cup finely shredded carrots
- ¼ cup puréed spinach
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat the Dog Treat Maker.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the carrots, spinach, apple sauce, and egg. Whisk until they are combined. Mix in the oats. Add the flour and mix until a soft, slightly sticky dough forms.
- Lightly spray the Cooking Surface of the Dog Treat Maker with a small amount of non-aerosol cooking oil. Pinch off walnut-size pieces of the dough (18g, .7 ounce) and roll each into a 3 ½ inch long log. Using tongs or a spatula, carefully place a log of dough into each cavity of the Dog Treat Maker, making sure each cavity is filled with dough. Repeat, filling all 8 cavities of the Dog Treat Maker. Close the lid, pressing until it clicks shut.
- Bake the treats for 6 minutes. Using short tongs, turn the treats. Close the lid, pressing down firmly
- it is ok if it does not click shut. Bake the treats for an additional 6 minutes, or until dark brown and firm when pressed. Transfer treats to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Repeat to bake the remaining treats. Spraying cooking oil again is not needed.