Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mixed milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream the
- butter with the sugars, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on Low speed until just combined.
- Add the flour 1⁄2 cup at a time and beat on increasing speed until all of the flour is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Shape the dough into roughly 1-ounce balls (about 2 tbsp each).
- Place the dough balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake cookies for 10 to 15 minutes or until set and golden.
- Remove cookies and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then, move cookies onto racks to finish cooling.