Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mixed milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Using the Stand Mixer, cream together the butter, sugars, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on Low speed until just combined. Add the flour ½ cup at a time and beat on increasing speed until all of the flour is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop and your hands, shape the dough into (approximately) 1-ounce balls (about 2 tablespoons each). You can bake them right away or let them chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 3 days.
- Heat oven to 350F. Place the dough balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake cookies for 10 to 15 minutes or until set and golden. Remove cookies from oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes. Then, move cookies onto racks to finish cooling.