Cinnamon Sugar Coffee Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp butter, cut into chunks
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp sugar mixed with 11⁄2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
Butter an 8” square pan or loaf pan and sprinkle with flour.
- Combine sugar, flour, and baking powder. Cut the butter into 1⁄2 inch chunks and add to the dry ingredients. Mix until the batter resembles cornmeal.
- Add the egg and milk and blend.
- Spoon batter into the pan. Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the top and bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.