- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 crushed candy canes (for the waffle)
- 3 finely crushed candy canes (for decoration)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp of peppermint extract
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and flavorless oil.
- Combine wet ingredients into the dry and mix together. Once the batter is formed, gently stir in the crushed candy canes.
- Grease the Mini Waffle Maker with butter or a small amount of non-aerosol cooking oil. Scoop ¼ cup of batter into preheated Mini Waffle Maker and cook until steam is no longer visible (around 3 minutes). Remove waffle from Waffle Maker and allow it to cool on a wire rack.
- In a separate bowl, make the Peppermint Glaze by adding the powdered sugar, heavy cream, milk, and peppermint extract, mixing until they’re combined.
- Dip the face of the waffle into the glaze, lift, and allow the excess to drip off.
- Place dipped waffle back on the wire rack and allow the glaze to set. Once set, decorate with additional crushed candy cane and serve.