Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup skimmed milk
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- Place the egg yolks and sugar in a glass bowl and beat together.
- In a saucepan, slowly bring the milk to a boil, then pour onto the egg mixture and beat together.
- Return the mixture to the pan and stir constantly until the mixture thickens and forms a film over the back of a spoon. Do not let it boil or the mixture will separate.
- Remove from heat and leave until cold. Stir in the cream and vanilla extract.
- Pour the mixture into the Cooling Bowl with the paddle running. Allow to freeze until the desired consistency is achieved.