Classic Chocolate Chunk Cookie Cake
Double Up Skillet
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar, tightly packed
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs, cold
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mixed milk chocolate and
- semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Plug the Double Up Skillet in.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to cream the butter with the sugars, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat on Low speed until just combined. Add the flour ½ cup at a time and mix until all of the flour is incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Roll out cookie dough to about ½” thickness.
- When the Double Up Skillet is hot, place dough on the Lower Cooking Surface and cover.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges are golden. The center should not be fully cooked through.
- Unplug the Double Up Skillet.
- Lift the Cover and lay flat to allow the cookie cake to cool before removing.
- Slice and serve warm with fudge or whipped cream.