Citrus Mojo Pork
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 blood oranges, juiced
- 6 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons annatto seeds
- 1 (9 to 10-pound) picnic pork shoulder
- In a small pot combine the olive oil and annatto seeds. Heat over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Strain the seeds from oil and discard the seeds.
- Combine all of the mojo ingredients in a large bowl and whisk well.
- Marinate pork shoulder for 30 minutes to 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the pork shoulder, skin side up, in a roasting pan fitted with a rack, cover with foil and roast in the oven for 3 hours. After 3 hours, remove the foil and turn the heat up to 425 degrees F and roast until the skin is brown and crispy, about 30 to 45 minutes. Check every 5 to 10 minutes to make sure the skin does not burn. Remove from oven to place on cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes before carving. Carve the meat and arrange it on a serving platter. Pour the reserved marinade over the carved meat just before serving.