- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch chili powder
- Place chicken breasts in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then simmer until no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a bowl. Allow to cool, then shred with the mixer.
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in shredded chicken, tomato sauce, cumin, and chili powder.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is hot and flavors have blended, about 3 minutes.